I am going to continue with TypePad, because I like categories, but for a pay site, there are three features that are missing or weak:
1. There is no built-in search that I can expose on my site. That means I have to use an external search, which is not going to be category-aware.
2. There are no stats for the RSS feed. That means I have to use an external tracking site if I want RSS stats.
3. The web hits report is very limited, and does not even include the IP or DNS of the incoming request.
As a side note, does anyone use TrackBacks?
I never see any TrackBacks.
4. You can't get separate RSS feeds for each category you create; only one unified RSS feed is available.
5. You can't embed RSS feeds into your page (e.g. in TypeLists). You have to use an external service. I am using Feedsplitter.
UPDATE 2006-02-26: To embed RSS feeds in your sidebar, go to Weblogs - Design - Change Content Selections and go to the lower right, you should see a Feeds section where you can add RSS feeds.
6. You can't ping sites of your choosing when you make a new posting. e.g. I can't choose to ping Technorati. Currently you only have the option to notify blo.gs and weblogs.com (in Weblogs - Configure - Publicity and Feeds).
7. You can RECEIVE Trackbacks pings with a Basic account, but you cannot SEND them.
UPDATE 2006-02-26: You can now send multiple Trackbacks from the New Post screen.
8. Unlike Blogger, TypePad will not warn you if you try to visit another web page in the midst of writing a post. If you accidentally navigate away from your New Post page, any unsaved parts of the new posting will be lost.
UPDATE 2006-03-10: It appears TypePad now puts up a warning message if you have unsaved text in your posting and try to navigate away.
9. You can't enter a Jabber IM account in your profile (Control Panel - Profile), only AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN and Skype.