* National Library - digital preservation
* Storage Preservation
- as many different systems as different objects (currently)
- including both digitized and born-digital (IR and Webarchive)
working on automatic ingest
working on national infrastructure for institutional repositories, with infrastructure in charge of
preservation - national infrastructure for storage with redundancy etc.
Preferred preservation strategy: migration
working with Royal Library in Holland who have an emulation program running with IBM
Stephan: Archiving of Denmark's Broadcasting of Radio and Television (BART)
* covering 24/7/365
* 220 GB a day
* data needs to be evaluated and eventually corrected after 48 hours
* automatically ingested into repository
How to fit Fedora within Bart's resource workflow
Uses Linux and off-the-shelf.
80-100 TB a year
Q: are you going to put this data into the repository?
A: into the repository only references (to the raw data) will be input