Building the Info Grid (BIG 2005)
Kim Østrup (DEFF)
Next generation of library services - how can they be developed?
Deployment of Technology
* Internet 2 services
* Authentication and Authorization management
* Grids and network computing
- storage grids
- computing grids
* standardisation and consolidation
* service architecture and web services
* which open systems and standards (XML, ...)
* How to migrate from legacy systems?
What policies can promote a strong national and international structure?
Research and E-Publishing policies
* policies needed on all levels
* negotiations with the publisher
Open innovation vs Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- We must support both
open archive / open source / creative commons / wikipedia
commercial databases / proprietary software / music labels / publishing houses
Are we creating value? and for whom?
DEFF 2006 - New strategy
- infrastructure (grid?)
- a national infrastructure for single authentication and authorization
- e-publication, open archive and IPR
- develop next generation of services
() web services
() shared services
- knowledge exchange
- education and information literacy
- research and innovation