FeedFlare is initially launching today with seven simple options [for enhancing your RSS feed], including:
- most popular tags for this item via del.icio.us
- tag this item at del.icio.us
- Technorati cosmos: number of links to this post
- Creative Commons license for this specific item. This works even if you are splicing, say, a Flickr photo feed into a blog feed and the two parent feeds have different licenses associated with them.
- number of comments on this post (currently only for feeds created by Wordpress)
- email this item
- email the author of this item (particularly helpful if the item ends up spliced into another feed or repurposed on a site) [only works if your email address is in the feed?]
Shortly after this launch, we'll also integrate a "more like this" option from Sphere which will link to a list of related posts at Sphere.
Burning Questions - No Feed is an Island: Introducing FeedFlare
In other good news, it appears that MyYahoo is finally sending reader stats to FeedBurner again.