Canada is a member of the international Open Government Partnership (OGP).
Canada's second Open Government Action Plan (OGAP) 2014-2016, released November 2014, contains an Open Science commitment.
The OGP requires yearly self-assessment and independent assessment reports.
Both reports have now been released. The commenting period for the self-assessment closed January 18, 2016, but the commenting period for the independent assessment just opened today (February 2, 2016).
- Canada - 2014-2015 independent assessment for public comment (PDF) - Open Science is on pages 43-46
- Canada - Open Science 2014-2015 self-assessment
- Canada - Open Science commitment in OGAP 2014-2016
- Canada - Open Government Action Plan 2014-2016
Disclaimer: I work on the Open Science commitment.
- Open Government Partnership @opengovpart
- Open Government Partnership Independent Reporting Mechanism @OGP_IRM
- Canada - Open Government https://open.canada.ca/en/about-open-government
- OGP - Canada https://www.opengovpartnership.org/country/canada/
- OGP - Canada - Action Plans
- OGP - Canada - Self-Assessments
- OGP - Canada - independent assessments
- OGP - Canada - Calendar (PDF)
- OGP - all independent assessment reports
November 6, 2014 Open Science in Canada's 2nd Open Gov Plan