Global Affairs Canada is pleased to announce the inaugural International Policy Ideas Challenge, designed to identify concrete innovative solutions to emerging international policy challenges by drawing on the network of talented graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in Canada.
To apply, send the following items as a pdf file attachment to: POR@international.gc.ca
- proposal (not to exceed 750 words) signed by the applicant(s);
- curriculum vitae;
- proof of enrollment or affiliation with a recognized academic institution; and
- sample paper or publication (please limit to 10 pages or send a link to website).
Deadline for application March 31, 2016.
UPDATE 2016-02-19: Please note that this is for grad students in Canada. ENDUPDATE
Ideas should be linked to the following research priorities, but proposals related to other emerging issues and trends affecting Canadian international policy will be considered:
- strengthening Canada’s relations with North American partners, particularly the United States;
- adopting a North American approach to climate change and clean energy;
- reenergizing Canadian diplomacy and leadership in managing complex international crises;
- partnering with non-state actors in addressing global governance challenges; and
- making better use of data and technology in the development of international policy.
See http://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/policy_challenge-defi_politique.aspx?lang=eng for more information.
Twitter hashtag #GAChallenge